Earlier this week we told you about plans finally moving forward for Trio Park (702 West Wayman Street). Now we hear there are expansion plans afoot for one of Chicago’s newest and most-used urban parks — A. Montgomery Ward Park (630 North Kingsbury Street).
The main portion of the project will be to expand the size of the playground by 50%, and to install equipment suitable for older children. Specifically:
- A climbing dome made of netting.
- A standing swing (Remember when your mom would yell at you not to stand on the swings?).
- Rolling hills of rubber mounds.
- More benches.
- More swings.
- A combination of elevated merry-go-round and climbing net.
- Picnic tables and umbrellas
The playground expansion was designed by Site Design Group, and should be done by the Fourth of July.