Five Things to Know About the New Loop CityTarget
Following the announcement that Target is going to open a CityTarget (Not to be confused with SuperTarget, or Target Greatland, or any other Targets), here are some interesting details about the project:
- This is the first Target store inside a National Historic Landmark.
- Only about half of the 124,000 square foot store will be retail floor space. The rest will be stock rooms, offices, and such.
- It will be the first new CityTarget in the Target chain. Other existing urban Targets will be renamed CityTarget.
- As part of the announcement of the new CityTarget, the company donated 17,000 books to 31 Chicago schools.
- The new store is expected to create 200 new jobs.