Retail Roundup at Lakeshore East
It’s been a little more than a decade since the process began to transform Chicago’s downtown golf course into a residential community of 50,000 people. During most of that time, residents have been told to keep the faith — that retail is coming. Really.
It looks like this is the summer that the promises actually come true.
Sure, there’s been a Fifth/Third bank in The Shoreham (400 East South Water Street) for a couple of years, and the Rom café opened in 2010. But thos are hardly adequate for the thousands of people who now call Lakeshore East home.
Here’s a rundown of what’s coming up:
- May 12, 2011:
- Lease signed for a new breakfast joint.
- Lease signed for a new French bistro.
- Expected to open soon:
- Cuticle sail salon
- Black Coffee Gallery
- Opening in July:
- Chalk pre-school opening in The Tides (360 East South Water Street)
- First week of September:
- Three Forks Steakhouse expected to open
- Mariano’s Fresh Market expected to open
- Public parking garage expected to open
- Opening in November:
- The Raddison Blu Chicago opens inside Aqua (430 East Waterside Drive)
- An Italian restaurant opens to supplement the Raddison.