Old Saint Patrick’s Church to Build Office Tower
Yesterday the good people over at the Fulton River District Association posted a note on our Facebook Page, letting people know that after years of talk and speculation, Old Saint Patrick’s Church is finally pulling the trigger on its office building plans.
Saint Pat’s has owned the surface parking lot on the corner of Adams and Des Plaines for decades, and its members have long talked about turning it into a source of revenue for the church. It appears the time is now.
I’ve mangled the architect’s renderings to show what it will look like. I didn’t have a north side rendering to work with, so I used the building’s south side for the north side. But it at least shows the height and context. See the bottom of this post for before and after pics.
We’ll have a more detailed article about this soon, but for now here are the highlights:
- Address: 625 West Adams Street
- Floors: 23 stories, including mezzanine
- Height: 336 feet, four inches, including mechanical penthouse
- Architecture firm: Solomon Cordwell Buenz
- Developers: The Alter Group and White Oak Realty Partners
- Office space: 561,000 square feet
- Parking spaces: 400
- Green roof, LEED blah blah blah
- 6-22: Offices
- 2-5: Parking
- Mezzanine: Church offices
- 1: Lobby, Church offices, Retail