Briefly: Private Spaces, Boozing Places, Familiar Faces
- Open House Chicago is this weekend. See places in the Windy City that are normally off limits to the general public: www.openhousechicago.org
- Argo Tea has opened in the location of the old Tribune Store at Tribune Tower (435 North Michigan Avenue – See pictures below from our Gold Coast spy)
- There was a public meeting this week about Wal-Mart’s application for a liquor license for its new location in the Presidential Towers (555 West Madison Street) in the West Loop.
- The West Loop Community Organization continues to push to get the liquor license for Plush (1104 West Madison Street) revoked. This is in the news again because someone was critically stabbed there this week.
- There’s an effort to have the new park at 16th and Wabash named after the late saxophonist Fred Anderson.
- Ever wonder how much a crosswalk costs? The one just put in at 30th and Michigan cost $88,500.
- The greeters you occasionally see in The Loop helping tourists are going to be on the Magnificent Mile this Christmas, too.