- Chicago bike lanes are a disaster in the ice and snow
- The Glessner House Museum (1800 South Prairie Avenue) and the Clarke House (1855 South Indiana Avenue) are looking for docents. Click here and scroll down to “Vounteer” for more information.
- The renovation of an art deco office building in the West Loop into the new headquarters for Hillshire Brands is finished.
- There’s a public open house late this month at the Preston Bradley Center. It’s a good chance to see this historic building.
- The historic Harper Theater in Hyde Park has reopened after a renovation.
- Don’t try to go waving behind the anchors at channel 5 anymore. WMAQ has shuttered Studio 5.
- The Chicago AIA is now accepting entries for its small project/small firm awards: Linky
A subscription is required for these items:
- CMK wants to build a new 25-story apartment tower at 1333 South Wabash Avenue in the South Loop (Crain’s Chicago Business)
- The former Prentice Womens’ Hospital goes in front of the Chicago Landmarks Commission again next week. The commissions previously gave the building preliminary landmark status, but then was like “Sike!” And preservationists were all LOL WUT?! And a judge went all WTF? on the panel and now Northwestern is all rage face Why u no let me tear down!? This makes sense if you’re under 20, or a Medill graduate. (Crain’s Chicago Business)
- Logan Square is getting a new apartment building, too. 39 units at 2489 North Milwaukee Avenue. (Crain’s Chicago Business)
Active threads on the Chicago Architecture Forum: