– Scott Rappe, AIA Chicago
- DNAInfo tells us that Loyola University wants to build a new hotel at Sheridan and Albion.
The links below require paid subscriptions:
- Crain’s Chicago Business has a preview of the new restaurant going in at the Tribune Tower (435 North Michigan Avenue). Or you could just visit the restaurant’s own web site, which doesn’t require you to pay: Howells & Hood.
- People who love the old Prentice Womens’ Hospital (320 East Huron Street) just can’t get a break. The city’s Landmarks commission has once again decided it’s not worthy of landmark status (Crain’s Chicago Business)
- The unopened retail and unoccupied homes at the Ritz-Carlton Residences (664 North Michigan Avenue) may finally come to life, according to Crain’s Chicago Business.
- Crain’s has an interesting article noting that 4,700 apartments are scheduled to come online in downtown Chicago by the end of next year. Yet somehow rents keep rising.