Meanwhile in the rest of the city…
- CDOT is out with more information and drawings about the rapid bus route it wants to create n The Loop. The city’s been talking about it for over a year, and these are the first pictures we’ve seen that look like anything useful.
- The Chicago chapter of the AIA is holding an event to help homeowners who are interested in renovating or remodeling their homes, but don’t know where to begin. It’s Saturday, March 23rd at 10:30am at the Rebuilding Exchange (1740 West Webster Avenue). To register, email the Rebuilding Exchange at email@example.com.
- FitzGerald Associates has three new projects its working on:
- CA3 is going to be a sister building to the West Loop’s CA23. Six stories, 39 condominiums.
- FitzGerald is going to help bring the Somerset Hotel in Uptown back to life, complete with ground floor retail.
- 912 [West] Washington is going to be an 11-story addition to the West Loop’s 123 North Sangamon.
- The Roosevelt Square development continues to grow, replacing vacant lots with new homes (though, some of those vacant lots used to be public housing). There was a public meeting about the latest expansion at the corner of West Roosevelt Road and South Throop Street. DNAInfo was there.