A BNSF freight train lumbers through the western Chicago suburb of Riverside on a warm summer’s morn.
Riverside is yet another Chicago suburb that has turned its former water tower into a museum. The Water Tower (10 Pine Avenue) is flanked by two similar, but shorter, cylindrical buildings with conical roofs. These are the Well House and the Pump House.
The current water tower designed by William LeBaron Jenney replaced another one that burned in 1913. In 1972 it was named an American Water Landmark by the American Waterworks Association.