Slice of Life: Holy Trinity Orthodox Cathedral
Feb24

Slice of Life: Holy Trinity Orthodox Cathedral

Stroll down Leavitt Street in Chicago’s Ukrainian Village neighborhood and you will find Holy Trinity Orthodox Cathedral (1121 North Leavitt Street), one of Chicago’s most architecturally significant and beautiful houses of worship. Louis Sullivan designed Holy Trinity in 1901. Tsar Nicholas II donated $4,000 toward its construction, which was completed in 1903. Holy Trinity was originally established as a parish church to serve...

Read More
Status Update: Nibbling Away at Chicago’s Loop Indigo
Feb24

Status Update: Nibbling Away at Chicago’s Loop Indigo

The former Atlantic Bank building at 168 North Michigan Avenue looks like it’s been gnawed on by angry terra cotta beavers. And unfortunately, that’s how it’s looked for over a year now. The Chicago Architecture Blog’s Daniel Schell recently assessed the progress of turning the former home to the Greek National Bank into Chicago’s next Hotel Indigo. What he found is a building with many nibbles taken out...

Read More