Word from Snuffy (Really? “Snuffy?”) via our Tip Line is that a residential tower planned for Lake View East is back from the dead.
2950 North Sheridan was approved by the city back in September of 2008. Like so many buildings of its era, it was mothballed when the economy fudged its Huggies. Last year, Wirtz Realty Corporation asked the city for a one-year extension on its planning permission. That wish was granted. But with just 122 days until the extension expires, it’s time to move dirt or get off the pot.
44th Ward Alderman Tom Tunney’s web site still lists the project as a going concern, though it is flagged with “awaiting revisions.” Until those revisions come through, here’s what the city OK’ed seven years ago, to give you an idea of what’s coming down the pipeline:
- Address: 2950 North Sheridan Road
- Architecture firm: Pappageorge/Haymes
- Floors: 19
- Maximum building height: 214 feet
- Gross site area: 36,546 square feet
- Net site area: 23,879 square feet
- Total building floor space: 157,601 square feet
- Maximum floor area ratio: 6.6
- Residences: 79
- Maximum number of permitted parking spaces: 200
- Bicycle parking spaces: 50
- Loading docks: 1
- Garage access via North Sheridan Road
- Green roof alert! 3,818 square feet
This article is the result of a tip sent in by someone just like you. If you see something interesting in your neighborhood, e-mail email@example.com. Check out our Tip Line for other ways to tip us off, like by text message.