Another ranking of architecture firms is out, and in this one Chicago is pretty well represented.
Two locals, AS+GG and Perkins+Will, made it into this year’s top ten American architecture firms as ranked by Architect, the magazine of the American Institute of Architects. AS+GG gets a blue ribbon for coming in first place. Perkins+Will gets green or yellow or whatever color corresponds with fifth.
Overall Top Ten
- 1. AS+GG — Chicago
- 2. Skidmore, Owings and Merrill — New York
- 3. Gensler — San Francisco
- 4. EYP — Albany
- 5. Perkins+Will — Chicago
- 6. Lake|Flato Architects — San Antonio
- 7. Westlake Reed Leskosky — Cleveland
- 8. WRNS Studio — San Francisco
- 9. Leers Weinzapfel Associates — Boston
- 10. richärd+bauer architecture — Phoenix
Also ranking this year is Studio Gang, which came in 22nd; and Ross Barney Architects, which came in 40th.
You might remember Studio Gang from such buildings at Aqua, and the upcoming Wanda Vista Tower also at Lakeshore East.
You might remember Ross Barney from such projects as the CTA Fullerton, Belmont, and Morgan stations.
There’s also the curious case of the DLR Group, which Architect lists as a Chicago firm, but the company’s web site states its headquarters is in Las Vegas. Regardless, this year’s top 50 list was dominated by firms in Boston, San Francisco, and Seattle, as usual.