Remember that construction site we mentioned yesterday? You know, the one at 500 North Milwaukee Avenue, on the east side of Green Street? The one that looks like a (deeper) hole in the ground?
Yes, that’s the one. The 4-story one. Well, we couldn’t help but notice the City of Chicago issued a permit back on the 11th for that site, although they call it 505 North Green Street instead of 500 North Milwaukee. But no worries. We’re all talking about the same spot. In the words of City Hall:
NEW CONSTRUCTION OF MULTI-FAMILY LOW RISE RESIDENTIAL BUILDING WITH 48 DWELLINGS UNITS WITH FIRST FLOOR COMMERCIAL SPACE
Want to know what other information can be gleaned from the city’s data portal? You’re already aware of most of these specifics, but for entertainment purposes:
- Akara Partners is the “owner” (developer)
- David A. Haymes (of Pappageorge Haymes) is the design architect.
- Superior One Electric, Inc, of Westchester, is the electrical contractor
- Tishman Construction Corporation, of Chicago, is the general contractor
- Sherry K Corporation, of Cicero, is the masonry contractor
- D.A.M. Plumbing Inc., of Itasca, is the plumbing contractor
- HTH Mechanical Services, of Mokena, is the refrigeration contractor, *and* the ventilation contractor.
Got all that? Stay tuned. We’ll keep filling you in on progress as they keep filling in that big hole with construction materials.