High above 1001 South State Street in the South Loop, our favorite yellow crane continues to preside over the soon-to-be 41-story residential tower. Designed by friends-of-the-blog Solomon Cordwell Buenz, the project, due for completion next year, will bring 397 new rental apartments to the neighborhood.
It’s no secret that we’re somewhat mesmerized by the lines and colors of this project. Add to that some shiny new glass, and suddenly we’re at a loss to explain why we haven’t been here for another look since our last visit back in July.
You already know the particulars of this project, such as
- 41 stories
- 440 feet tall
- 397 units
- 248 parking spaces on 3 semi-enclosed levels
- 7,800 sq ft of retail space
- 5th floor sundeck with outdoor pool
- Green roof and LEED certification
- Developer – Golub & Company with CIM Group
- Design – Solomon Cordwell Buenz
- General Contractor – Walsh Construction
Well, it seems we’ve shared that info with you once again. So, let us then also share some pictures of how far along 1001 South State Street has come.