The proposal to build a Hampton Inn at 601 West Diversey Parkway, just off Clark Street, has been revived and revised.
The previous plan for what is also called The Inn at Lincoln Park was going to be a 16-story hotel with a height of 152 feet and 52 parking spaces. It was approved back in 2004, and well, we all know what happened to pretty much every project before 2008. Its planning approval expired in 2010.
This current proposal has the hotel reduced to just ten stories, with 143 rooms and 75 parking spaces. This is not a renovation; the new hotel will replace the current building on the site. The architect is Koo Architecture+Design, and the developer is LVM Group.
If you’d like to sound off about this project, you can do so at a public meeting tonight hosted by the Park West Community Association and 43rd Ward Alderman Michele Smith. It’s at 6:30pm at the Elks National Veterans Memorial (2750 North Lakeview Avenue). Having a chance to visit the Elks building is reason enough to go.
If you just want to read more about the proposal, here’s what we know:
- Address: 601 West Diversey Parkway
- Developer: LVM Group
- Architecture firm: Koo Architecture+Design
- Floors: 10
- Maximum height: 120 feet
- Total rooms: 143
- Building length: 175 feet
- Building width: 106 feet
- Floor area ratio: 4.97
- Building floor space: 93,815 square feet
- Parking spaces: 75
- Parking entry via North Lehman Court
- Loading docks: 1
- Loading berths: 2
- Loading via north-south public alley
- Meeting room, fitness center, restaurant, small outdoor patio on 5th floor, terrace and pool on the roof
- 10 — Mechanical, pool
- 6-9 — Hotel rooms (33 each floor)
- 5 — Lobby and Hotel rooms (11)
- 2-4 — Parking
- 1 — Lobby and Retail
- LL — Mechanical, storage