The last time we walked past Akara Partners‘ 500 North Milwaukee Avenue, we were greeted by new signage for Kenect Chicago. As you may well know, we like to see creative name changes here at The Blog, and replacing an address with a unique moniker always scores points in our book.
It was for no particular reason that we found ourselves back in the Fulton River District again this week, and lo and behold, there was our other favorite thing: GLASS. All shiny and new, a couple rows of windows now line the east-facing lower floors.
While the west tower teeters ever closer to its ultimate 14-story height, work is ramping up on the east building as well, which will be four stories tall. Though entirely distracted by the new glass, we grabbed a few shots of the progress on both sides of Green Street for you.
But first, a quick primer on what the Pappageorge Haymes designs will bring to the Fulton River District:
- Developer – Akara Partners
- Design Arkitect – Pappageorge Haymes
- General Tishman Construction
- 14 stories (west tower)/ 4 stories (east tower)
- 179 rental units/48 rental units
- 122 parking spaces (all in the west tower)
- 50+ bicycle parking spaces
- 14,000 square feet of retail/commercial space between the two structures
- 274,000 total square feet
- Rooftop pool