Developers love Chicago’s hotel market. And they love Streeterville. So it’s no surprise that Tishman Realty is trying to pair hotel peanut butter with Streeterville chocolate and come up with two great tastes that taste great to investors.
The plans for the temporarily-named “237 East Ontario Street Limited Service Hotel” were laid out for the public to see a few days ago, as detailed by the Chicago Architecture Blog’s Zack Pollack. But, chances are if you’re reading this you had something else to do that night. No worries, homie. We got your back. For those who couldn’t attend, we’ve got the deets for the peeps who couldn’t beat their feet. And thanks to Valerio Dewalt Train Associates for sending over very detailed renderings of the project.
- Address: 237 East Ontario Street
- Developer: Tishman Realty
- Architecture firm: Valerio Dewalt Train Associates
- Landscape architecture firm: Wolff Landscape Architecture
- Height: 262 feet
- Stories: 24
- Floor area ratio: 15.2
- Building size: 208,000 square feet
- Rooms: 395
- Parking spaces: Zip. Zero. Nada. Parking available at Ontario/Fairbanks garage ½ block east.
- Loading docks: Two, off the mid-block east-west alley
- 24: Mechanical
- 23: Pool, fitness center, southwest-facing outdoor space
- 3-22: Hotel rooms
- 2: Offices, meeting rooms
- 1: Lobby
- LL1: Mechanical
- Lobby: Off East Ontario Street, and a north-south alley
- Guest loading/unloading: Off the north-south alley
- Green roof alert! 9,280 square feet