Another day, another Chicago construction project with pretty new windows. This time, it’s at Next Apartments (347 West Chestnut Street) in the Cabrini Green neighborhood.
And this is another shining example of why we love the CTA elevated trains; we noticed the glass first from the Chicago Avenue platform, and then from the Brown Line train as we sped past.
And not just a window here and there. Oh no. Next has glass on all four sides. A sure sign work is progressing nicely, and perspective tenants are starting to see the light at the end of the hallway.
Because it’s been awhile since we’ve checked in on Next, here’s a reminder of what it brings to the very busy North Orleans Street corridor:
- Developer: FRC Realty (100% owned by Steven Fifield)
- General contractor: McHugh Construction
- 28 stories
- Height to roof: 325 feet
- Maximum height: 345 feet
- Length: 213½ feet
- Width: 123⅓ feet
- Site area: 103,029 square feet
- Lot size: 74,244 square feet
- Units: 310
- Parking: 184 spaces
- Garage access via West Chestnut Street
- Bicycle parking: 92 spaces
- Loading docks: 1 (on West Chestnut Street)
- Green roof: 50%
- Retail: Facing North Orleans Street