Sometimes you can just sense change in the air.
Such was the case this morning, when we flung on the lights at the Chicago Architecture West Loop Bureau, looked out the window, and saw the tower crane at The Parker Fulton Market (171 North Halsted Street) has been lowered below the top floor. That can only mean one thing. A top-out.
We reached out to Focus Development, Inc., the general contractor and developer (along with Shapack Partners) on the 29-story apartment tower. And sure enough, Focus project engineer Jillian Fiandaca confirms for us the Parker topped out on December 10. Which frees us up to focus (no pun intended) on watching shiny, glittery glass being added to the curved facade.
While we stare out the window up here, you can stare at the deets on The Parker down here:
- Shapack Partners – developer
- Focus Development – developer
- Booth Hansen – design architects
- Focus Construction – general contractor
- 29 stories
- 227 rental units
- 145 parking spaces
- 9,000 square feet of retail space
- really cool curved facade facing the Kennedy Expressway
- green roof (!)
- LEED silver
- amenities including outdoor deck and pool, dog run, lounge and party room, fitness and yoga room, and 29th floor indoor/outdoor terrace
- expected occupancy in June 2016