1001 South State, so named for its relative proximity to 1001 South State Street, continues to climb in Chicago’s South Loop neighborhood. It’s been a favorite to watch for the colorful lines and pretty yellow crane. Throw in some wicked awesome glass on the curvy southern exposure, and we challenge you to walk by on a sunny day without stopping for a photo opp.
In case you’ve forgotten the deets, they follow here, along with some pictures of construction progress. Look for 1001 South State to start moving in renters before the end of the year.
- 41 stories (Per the permit; the 1001 South State site says 39; the architect’s site says 40. We’ll count them after it tops out.)
- 440 feet tall
- 397 apartments (Studios, convertibles, 1-, 2-, and 3-beds)
- 248 parking spaces on 3 semi-enclosed levels
- Bike storage and repair
- Almost 8,800 sq ft of retail space
- 6th floor sundeck with outdoor pool & cabanas
- Green roof and LEED certification
- Rooftoop lounge and terrace
- Dog run and wash
- Developer – Golub & Company with CIM Group
- Design – Solomon Cordwell Buenz
- General Contractor – Walsh Construction