Work continues on the two-structure development at 500 North Milwaukee Avenue known as Kenect. The west building, a 14-story tower by Pappageorge Haymes Architects, has topped out, and the tower crane has come down, leaving just a very tall stump of support steel. Over on the east side of Green Street, the 4-story little brother tower (alos by Pappageorge Haymes) has been decked out in woodwork, surrounded by iron framing.
In total, developer Akara Partners (see also: The Hensley) is building 247 units between its two buildings. The studio, one- and two-bedroom rental apartments should be done and ready for habitation before 2016 is over.
Here’s a reminder of what’s in store for tenants at Kenect:
- Developer – Akara Partners
- Design Arkitect – Pappageorge Haymes
- General Tishman Construction
- 14 stories (west tower)/ 4 stories (east tower)
- 179 rental units/48 rental units
- 122 parking spaces (all in the west tower)
- 50+ bicycle parking spaces
- 14,000 square feet of retail/commercial space between the two structures
- 274,000 total square feet
- Rooftop pool