One of downtown Chicago’s most beautiful buildings is beautiful once more.
Near North Spy Joel tickled our Tip Line with the photo above showing the scaffolding coming down from around Flats No. 800, formerly known as The Bush Temple of Music at 800 North Clark Street.
The restoration of the building’s intricate facade is part of the city’s Adopt-a-Landmark program. Cedar Street is turning the 1901 headquarters and showroom of the Bush and Gerts Piano Company into 108 micro apartments. The facade restoration was designed by friends-of-the-blog, FitzGerald Associates, with Vinci Hamp Architects.
Also part of the project is the erection of a 15-story residential tower immediately behind the Bush Temple. It was designed by Hartshorne Plunkard Architecture and slots in where a small surface parking lot used to be.