Just a couple of days after Studio Gang’s new North Residential Commons opened at the University of Chicago, another Gang design is just about ready to rise.
The Hyde Park Herald reports that construction fencing is expected to go up in two weeks for Solstice Hyde Park, at 1556 East 56th Street, across from the Museum of Science and Industry. It will replace the current parking structure next to the Windermere House.
When we last visited this project about a year ago, it had 250 apartments, but no completion date. Now the developer, MAC Properties, hopes the first move-ins will come in the first half of 2018. More fun facts follow:
- Address: 5534-58 South Cornell Avenue
- Address: 1556 East 56th Street
- Architecture firm: Studio Gang Architects
- Architect: Jeanne Gang
- Height to top of mechanical penthouse: 298 feet
- Roof height: 273½ feet
- Residences: 250
- Parking spaces: 316
- Bicycle parking: 158 spaces
- Loading docks: 2
- Net area: 52,503 square feet
- Floor area ratio: 8