Sixteen months after we told you that the last non-park undeveloped space along North Lake Shore Drive between the Chicago River and Diversey Harbor is finally going to be filled in, we have achieved paperwork.
Plans for a new building to be erected at 59 East Banks Street were filed with the city yesterday. The Booth Hansen design is an eight story building with 58 homes and 42 parking spaces. It’s hard to tell from the diagrams in the city’s computers exactly what the building will look like, but it appears that it will lean substantially toward the historic character of the neighborhood, rather than the ugly brick mistake across the street.
- Address: 59 East Banks Street
- Address: 1321 North Ritchie Court
- Address: 1316 North Lake Shore Drive
- Net site area: 25,431 square feet
- Floor Area Ratio: 5.081
- Maximum height: 115 feet, one inch
- Maximum residences: 58
- Parking spaces: 42
- Loading docks: one
- Green roof alert: 7,383 square feet