One of our more alert readers noticed that earth movers have started moving earth at the northwest corner of Clark and Huron Streets. Clark and Huron is a former surface parking lot that has tried to better itself a number of times in the last decade, with the wheel of fortune finally landing on a 215-room hotel late last year.
Near North Spy Jody checked in to our tip line with pictures of 100 West Huron, or at least the ruckus and rubble that is preceding the NORR-designed hotel.
The building has gone through a number of changes in the last 18 months or so. We last checked in on it this past October, but it received another revision in December, so here are the revised stats:
- Address: 100 West Huron Street
- Address: 700 North Clark Street
- Developer: AP 100 W. Huron Property LLC
- For realsies: Akara Partners
- Floor Area Ratio: 10.25 (7.0 base + 1.75 Affordable Housing + 1.0 Upper Level Setback + 0.50 Neighborhood Opportunity Bonus)
- Maximum hotel rooms: 215 (up 15 from October)
- Loading dock: one
- Parking spaces: zero
- Maximum height: 180 feet, one inch
- Architecture firm: NORR
- Green roof alert: 4,135 square feet