The plan to replace a nearly windowless brick industrial building in Fulton Market with a somewhat nicer brick building with improved windows has been tossed out the window. Now on the plate: A proper office tower.
New York’s Thor Equities had planned to put up a four-story brick office building at the corner of Fulton Market and Green Street. But now Thor’s swinging a bigger hammer, aiming for an 18-story glass tower designed by downtown neighbor SOM.
The design includes a couple of comfortingly familiar elements: The setbacks of the West Loop’s UBS Tower, and the muscular cross-braces of 875 North Michigan.
- Address: 800-824 West Fulton Market
- Address: 300-314 North Halsted Street
- Address: 801-825 West Wayman
- Address: 301-305 North Green Street
- Developer: Thor Equities
- Architecture firm: SOM
- Area: 37,947 square feet
- Zoning: DX-5 and C2-5 → DX-7 → Business Planned Development
- Floor area ratio: 11.5 (7.0 base + 4.5 bonus)
- Floors: 18
- Length: 252 feet, five inches
- Width 150 feet, 4 ⅓ inches
- Automobile parking spaces: 50
- Office access: via North Green Street
- Parking garage access: via West Wayman Street
- Loading docks: 2