The people who want to put up an 18-story condominium tower on North May Street between Madison and Washington are ready to share their plans with the public. West suburban Sulo Development is already building Hayden West Loop on the same city block. But this new proposal is twice the height.
The new building has the (hopefully temporary) name 19 North May. Right now that space is construction staging for Hayden, so it doesn’t appear anything will be lost.
Twenty-fifth Ward Alderman Danny Solis and the West Loop Community Organization will hold a public meeting with the developers about the project next Thursday, January 24, 2019 at Catalyst Ranch (656 West Randolph Street) at 6:00pm.
For those of you who want to bone up on what’s expected, here’s what we know so far:
- Address: 19-27 North May Street
- Developer: 119 N May, LLC
- For realsies: Sulo Development
- Architecture firm: The Lamar Johnson Collaborative
- Net site area: 21,999 square feet
- Size: 226,919 square feet
- Floors: 18
- Maximum residences: 73
- Automobile parking: 84 spaces
- Minimum bicycle parking: 84 spaces
- Height: 240 feet, three inches
- Roof height: 236 feet, six inches
- Length: ~191 feet
- Width: 115 feet
- Green roof: 7,636 square feet