Another building for Chicago’s Near West Side means another chance for you to weigh in on its merits.
Twenty-fifth Ward Alderman Danny Solis and the West Loop Community Organization are holding a public meeting on the proposal for 99 South Sangamon, which is the northeast corner of Sangamon and Monroe.
The developer wants to put up a 24-story residential block with 193 new homes, designed by GREC. The tower will sit atop a three-story parking and retail podium, because… Chicago.
To find out what’s planned and to make your voice heard, the place to do it is at Catalyst Ranch, 656 West Randolph Street at 6:00pm on Monday, January 28, 2019.
Until then, educate yourself with the details below:
- Address: 37 South Sangamon
- Vanity address: 99 South Sangamon
- Developer: Sangamonroe LLC
- Architecture firm: GREC
- Net site area: 24,375 square feet
- Zoning: DX-5 -> Residential Planned Development
- Floor area ratio: 8.1 (5.0 base + 3.1 bonus)
- Height: 298 feet
- Roof height: 284 feet, eight inches
- Length: 195 feet
- Width: 125 feet
- Maximum residences: 193
- Affordable housing: 38 units, offsite
- Automobile parking: 156 spaces
- Bicycle parking: 156 spaces
- Garage access: from South Sangamon Street
- Loading dock: one
- Loading dock access: From South Sangamon street