As downtown Chicago grows, not all of the projects sprouting up are beanstalks. Some have to be broccoli: Good, hearty filler that provides essential nutrients for the city’s economy, and are best served covered in cheese.
Under the cheese this time is an office building proposed for 450 North LaSalle Street — the corner of West Illinois and North LaSalle — which will erase another evil surface parking lot from the city’s land use maps.
Though the developer describes it as a 12 story building, that 12th floor is topped by an amenity floor, and then a mechanical floor, and then a mechanical penthouse. So adjust your vertical hold accordingly.
- Address: 151 West Illinois Street
- Address: 450-5000 North LaSalle Street
- Developer: 450 North LaSalle, LLC
- Architecture firm: Lamar Johnson Collaborative
- Net site area: 15,472 square feet
- Size: 186,081 square feet
- Retail space: 7,500 square feet
- Floor area ratio: 9.236
- Stories: 14
- Maximum height: 183 feet, six inches
- Roof height: 174 feet
- Maximum length: 163 feet, nine inches
- Maximum width: 88 feet, 8 ½ inches
- Automobile parking: nope
- Bicycle parking: 50 spaces
- Loading docks: one
- Loading dock access: via east-west alley
- Main entrance: off LaSalle Street
- Retail entrance: off LaSalle Street
- Green roof: 2,600 square feet