Plans for a new building in Chicago’s Fulton Market District have been filed with the city.
The so-called “City Technology Center” is planned for 1101 West Carroll Avenue. That’s a half-block north of Fulton Market, bounded by North May Avenue on the west, and North Aberdeen on the east.
The project calls for a new 18-story office and hotel building with a 282-space parking garage, 5,000 square feet of retail space at ground level facing May Street, and an underground auditorium.
- Address: 1101-1125 West Carroll Avenue
- Address: 312-328 North Aberdeen Street
- Address: 313-329 North May Street
- Developer: City Technology Center Net site area: 46,487 square feet
- Developer: Cogent Management Group
- Zoning: M2-3 Light Industry → DX-7 Downtown Mixed-Use → Business Planned Development
- Floor area ratio: 11.5 (7.0 base + 4.5 bonus)
- Maximum height: 330 feet
- Maximum width: 252 feet
- Maximum length: 184 feet, seven inches
- Hotel rooms: 200
- Automobile parking: 282 spaces
- Parking garage access: via east-west alley on the south side of the building
- Bicycle parking: 100 spaces
- Bicycle parking access: via West Carroll Street
- Loading docks: 4
- Loading dock access: via north and south sides of building