Remember when there was that cool art supply store right off the CTA Brown Line at Chicago Avenue and then Walmart moved in and the black beret crowd in the neighborhood snapped their Blick Masterstrokes in half when they heard the news? The building that brings back those gentrification flashbacks will soon be a memory.
A plan has been submitted to the city for a nine-story office building at 777 North Franklin Street. It’s a great location for commuters, but not so much for Arkansas retailers, as the Walmart location here folded in 2016.
There’s not too much else to say about this property, except that if it weren’t for a pair of terraces on the ninth floor, it could be almost a cube: 126 feet x 127 feet x 130 feet.
- Address: 777 North Franklin Street
- Developer: Centrum Real Estate and Development
- Architecture firm: Hirsch MPG
- Maximum height: 126 feet, four inches
- Maximum length: 127 feet
- Maximum width: 130 feet, four inches
- Floors: nine
- Floor area ratio: 8.1
- Zoning: DX-5 → Business Planned Development
- Automobile parking: six spaces