You love construction equipment, and we love Pac-Man. Together, we’re a match made in Public Relations Stunt Heaven.
Earth mover maker Caterpillar marked its 95th anniversary by digging a 30,000 square-foot Pac-Man maze, and populating it with remote-controlled skid steers.
If you remember the 80’s, you’ll remember that each character in Pac-Man each had its own personality. That was true of the construction gear version, too.
- Inky: Alfonso Fajardo, of Horsepower Site Services in Charlotte
- Pinky: Blitz, a civil engineer
- Blinky: Joey Stone, an e-sports player from Canton, Georgia sponsored by Caterpillar
- Clyde: Tom Gardocki, “The Dirt Ninja”
- Pac-Man: Jim Kosner, of the Jimax Group down in Peoria.
As my former boss would say, “This is completely irresponsible, and totally awesome.”
Sadly, the video shows that once the game was over, large Cat earth movers erased the maze. So don’t head up to Deerfield with a giant novelty token expecting to go all Ready Player One with your bad self.