That sorta weird, sorta interesting old bank on North Morgan Street in West Town is going to become a thing of the past. Sterling Bay has selected that building, its surface parking lot, and its drive-through as the location of a new apartment tower.
bKL Architecture is the monogram on this one, bringing a 27-story design with a pool on the roof, which is awesome in a way the pools on podia are not.
The zoning for this building includes the Federales property next door on the corner of Morgan and Lake Streets. But the restaurant building won’t be touched. We only mention it because the paperwork for this project indicates that the restaurant property is owned by Joo Joo, Chick & Boz, LLC in Los Angeles. And it’s not often that you have your day brightened by seeing something like “Joo Joo, Chick & Boz” in city paperwork.
- Address: 160 North Morgan Street
- Developer: Sterling Bay
- Architecture firm: bKL Architecture
- Zoning: C1-2 Neighborhood Commercial District → DX-7 Downtown Mixed Use → Residential-Business Planned Development
- Net site area: 26,275 square feet
- Floors: 27
- Maximum height: 380 feet
- Maximum length: 138 feet, 10 inches
- Floor area ratio: 11.5 (7.0 base + 4.5 bonus)
- Maximum residences: 320
- Affordable housing obligation: 64 residences
- Minimum parking spaces: 90