The log flume of West Town development is splashing a new apartment tower on the north side of the Lake Street L tracks. A proposal has been filed for a large apartment building at 1201 West Fulton Market.
The location is just across the street from the western edge of the Fulton Market Historic District, which should make approval a little easier than if it was one block east.
The project was designed by New York’s Morris Adjimi Architects, and includes visible cross-bracing, reminiscent of 875 North Michigan, the former John Hancock Center; but with an exaggerated top hat like 1000 Lake Shore Plaza.
- Address: 1201-1215 West Fulton Market
- Developer: 1201 W Fulton Partners LLC
- For realsies: Fulton St. Companies
- Architecture firm: Morris Adjimi Architects
- Zoning: M2-3 Light Industry → DX-7 Downtown Mixed Use → Planned Development
- Net site area: 39,001 square feet
- Floor area ratio: 11.5 (7.0 base + 4.5 bonus)
- Maximum height: 381 feet, six inches
- Roof height: 361 feet, six inches
- Floors: 32
- Roof terraces:
- 2nd floor
- 6th floor
- 31st floor
- Maximum residences: 433
- Affordable housing obligation: 87
- 44 will be construction inside this building
- 43 will be off site
- Retail space: 13,100 square feet
- Automobile parking: 84 spaces
- Loading docks: 2