You can read all about the contest that led up to this decision by following this link. It’s basically a word salad of self-important recent college grad buzzwords, so we’ll break it down for you in English:
- Developer: Assemble Chicago
- For realsies: The Community Builders, Studio Gang, DesignBridge, JAQ, dbHMS, Thornton Tomasetti, Engage Civil Engineering, Site Design Group, Applied Ecological Services, Center for Neighborhood Technology, Rush University College of Nursing, and Calibrate Coaching.
- Architecture firm: Studio Gang
- Cost: $102,000,000
- Floors: 20
- Maximum height: 235 feet
- Residences: 207
- Low-income units: 207
- Ground floor retail: Two floors, featuring
- Food court
- Office and meeting space
- Medical clinic
- $2,000,000 in improvements for Pritzker Park
A more detailed summary of what this building entails can be found in this document made for the city.