Earlier this week, we predicted that the paperwork for a new skyscraper at 210 North Morgan Street in West Town would hit City Hall, and now here it is.
210 is a project from Newcastle Limited, designed by Hartshorne Plunkard Architecture, that will reach 380 feet into the sky a half-block north of the CTA Green/Pink line — you guesed it — on North Morgan Street.
The most interesting part of this project is the legal name of the developer. Big development companies like to form little companies to build each of their projects. Usually the names of these firms are boring things like Erie Street Joint Venture, or VL7483494 LLC. This one is Solar Junkyard LLC. “A” for effort.
Now that this project is officially in black-and-white, here are the nitty gritties:
- Address: 210-220 North Morgan Street
- Developer: Solar Junkyard LLC
- For realsies: Newcastle Limited
- Architecture firm: Hartshorne Plunkard Architecture
- Zoning: C1-1 → DX-7 → Residential-Business Planned Development
- Net site area: 17,591 square feet
- Floor area ratio: 11.5 (7.0 base + 4.5 bonus)
- Floors: 30
- Width: 123 feet
- Maximum height: 380 feet
- Roof height: 360 feet
- Length: 125 feet, 10 inches
- Maximum residences: 204
- Minimum automobile parking: 50 spaces
- Loading docks: 2
- Setbacks: 4th, 23rd and 29th floors
- Roof decks: 4th and 29th floor (north facing)
- Green roof: 2,628 square feet
- Retail space: 4,040 square feet