West Side Church Where Dr. King Spoke is Chicago’s Newest Landmark
Aug30

West Side Church Where Dr. King Spoke is Chicago’s Newest Landmark

Sunday morning, Mayor Rahm Emanuel joined the congregation of the Stone Temple Missionary Baptist Church (3622 West Douglas Boulevard) in North Lawndale to celebrate its addition to Chicago’s official landmarks list. The building was designed by Joseph W. Cohen & Co. and opened in 1925 as the First Romanian Congregation Synagogue, and served the area’s Jewish community, both Jews who moved from the old Maxwell Market...

Read More